Sunday, March 4, 2012

Peachs' Art

March is here are we are ready for all our snow to melt...we have not been able to get out the back door of our house since last year. I know that was only three months ago but I am ready for a warmer change. I had a great coffee with some of the other expat wives here is Sakhalin and the day before I was looking at the spot between 2 light sconces where a previous Happy Birthday banner was hanging and decided that it is too open a space to have nothing in it, so the question is what do you do? Do you change it with the seasons? Do you find some art or make some? Do you leave it blank so it can stare at you day in and day out? While we were living in Denver I had a collage frame and wooden 'P' hanging on the wall, I really loved the 'P' but it did not make it in the shipment, I assume that it is in storage? Not quite Sure...So my solution was to whip up this peachy sign with my Cricut, something to fill the space and to bring more personality to our home, which till now has been kinda boring with out the Christmas stuff around.
I broke out my brand new Sophisticated by Teresa Collins cartridge out and cut out Font 2 with shadow to complete my wall art. I cut the shadows first as I have made the mistake before of cutting the regular font out as large as it will cut and then the shadow feature won't cut because the font is too big.
In this cartridge is also a welded 'The' which came in very handy that I didn't have to piece that together. I did have to use different patterned paper as I was running low on my other paper.
I added this key to the bottom, it is not completed yet but I will be putting an 'est. 2004' on the line of the key as soon as I get my new gypsy, so I can weld the words together. I used subdued metallic paper for the key from DCWV and 3D foam taped everything to get the dimension I was looking for.
This font is really awesome because it has this great scroll in the letters, one of that ladies at the coffee morning commented that it looked like wrought iron, which is a huge compliment as I decorated the house with wrought iron and it doesn't break when being moved 30, 000 miles away. The paper was all Close to my Heart, a discontinued paper pack called Silhouette, still one of the prettiest I think.
Do you see the great scroll in the 'P'! Even my husband was happy and impressed when he came home later that night, if he likes it then I hit a home run! Love to hear your thoughts,

No comments:

Post a Comment