Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tasty and Functional

I have been very busy making lots of cards and layouts so I thought it was time for a change. I found this great craft on the Cricut Message boards and had to use it. These are clothes pin magnets topped with fruit from the Preserves Cartridge and matching recipe cards.
I actually have 3 sets of these, this is just the green fruit, there is also a red one and a variety fruit set. I like the green one because it is my favorite color and all the fruits look really great, such a variety on this cartridge.
Obviously one of the apples, there are five different apples on this cartridge, each with it's own distinct design, great for any fruit related project.
One Great Kiwi, which is alot of work with all those seeds, but looks really great.
And a great pear, this is one of four pears on this cartridge and they are all very cool. You might be able to see the dots all over the fruit, I am limited to what I brought to Russia and can't get anymore papers and so on, so I had a great Close to my Heart background stamp and watermark stamped each layer of the cuts. Yes, it was a lot of work but it looks so much better than plain cardstock don't you think?
Finished off with matching Recipe cards, each design on the card was masked using the negative cutout from the fruit, a kind of stencil in with green ink, then topped off with a great flourish stamp from Close to my Heart. They are really cute and useful, I am hoping that they will make a great gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment