So my husband has decided that we are going to have a Barbeque with all our friends on Saturday night. Not exactly what I want to do after 3 weekends of BBQ's. But he wants to invite his bosses and make this a 'get to know you ' event. He never does end up inviting any of his bosses and the usual bunch is planning on showing up. Now, being a creative person, my house in always in a state of 'flux' (fancy word for not clean), and of course my husband has to work late everynight and most of Saturday. I am so not ready for this, and it was all his idea! MEN! Should I feel flattered that he thinks of me as a superhero, because I need one right now to help me out. Or should I be upset because it was all his idea and he left all the planning, cleaning, cooking up to me! I just wanted to share this little joke with you that sums up my day so far:
Funny? Yes. Sexist? Probably a bit…but still funny.
We are about to enter the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity. When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert ..
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.
Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
(6) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat .
(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
And most important of all:
(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ‘ her night off ‘, and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there’s just no pleasing some women.
That will sounds exactly like my day...
I included a great layout of my family from 1980...preserving memories isn't just about the new ones, it's about the old ones too...remembering the story.
Hope you like my Joke! :)